Tuesday, March 2, 2010

In 4 days we travel....

The spiritual preparation for today is about humility. To open ourselves to the Lord as his humble servant.

I like to think that humble, here, means "not proud or arrogant, modest" as opposed to "insignificant."

The scripture in our journal today says, "Humble yourselves, therefore, under God's mighty hand, that he may lift you up in due time. Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you. (1Peter 5:6-7)

In preparing myself I thought this was appropriate:

My heart is not proud, O Lord,
my eyes are not haughty;
I do not concern myself with great matters
or things too wonderful for me.
But I have stilled and quieted my soul;
like a weaned child with it's mother,
like a weaned child is my soul within me.
(Psalm 131:1-2)

To experience the prayers of the the congregation this past Sunday for our mission team during the service was a humbling experience for me. To know that so many people care so deeply was amazing. I feel truly blessed.

Continue to pray for us this week. Pray that we can all "let go of our own agendas and live the Lord's agenda." Pray for us to be humble enough to be more available to Him.

No comments: