Monday, March 1, 2010

In 5 days we travel...

In 5 days the mission team from Western Hills United Methodist Church will be leaving for Matagalpa, Nicaragua. We are actually three teams, medical, dental and construction. Together we will help spread the word of God and show others that we care.

Yesterday we were given our mission journals. The journals are supposed to help us prepare spiritually for our trip. I have decided to share some of that preparation here and then when I return I will post to this blog about the mission.

Yesterday this passage stood out to me...Give away your life; you'll find life given back, but not merely given back -- given back with bonus and blessing. Giving, not getting is the way. Generosity begets generosity. (Luke 6:8)

And today - Jesus said....You did not choose me, but I chose you and appointed you to go and bear fruit - fruit that will last. Then the father will give you whatever you ask in my name. This is my command: love each other. (John 15: 16-17)

So, if you are so inclined, pray for us. Pray that we will be a blessing to others, that we will touch lives and make a difference. Pray that we remain safe in our travels. Pray that God will open our hearts and fill them with the Holy Spirit that we may spread His word.

And for you today...Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus. (Philippians 4:6-7)

No comments: